Date: 2010-12-31
Launch: 05:30
Next tide: 05:45 High
Wind: 7-10kts NNE
Sea: 1m E swell
Return: 08:30
Days since new moon: 24
Water temp: 20.5
Location: Spot D
Catch: ~40cm FL snapper
Since fishng inshore, I've paid little attention to the tides, getting out when I could. But I have noticed that snapper tend to come with the slack water so this morning I hurried straight to the mark to catch as much of the turn as I could. Wind was NNE but drift with drogue was WSW, so I guess there was a little current. Not a lot showing on the sounder but I hooked up on the usual sp and jighead for a nice snapper.
After that all I could manage were sergeant bakers and pike. Eventually snagged up the drifted rig as I drifted over shallower reef and didn't bother rerigging. Stopped fishing about 8, cleaned my catch and paddled in
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment