Plan was to troll around to a headland, rustle up a squid and downrig it nearby for a king.
Got to the launch spot and an unfamiliar face calls out my name. Good to finally meet Sean (ohagas) after corresponding for a long time. He was planning to hit the markers so we had a chat and went our separate ways.
I was trolling a 6" twitch in crystal shad and a sardine patterned Hawk shallow diving minnow that I'd been given. The sp went off and a short fight (20lb line, 3kg drag) sees a healthy 50cm salmon in the fish bag. Thought I'd be sociable for a change and let Sean know of the salmon so paddled off to the marker he was working. When I was within hailing distance the twitch went off again. Playing that and the hb gets hit but it didn't stick. Another 50cm salmon in the bag.
Paddled off to my squid spot but the combination of wind chop and swell made it very unpleasant so I abandoned that plan. Paddled back, did a loop of the area where the salmon were, said goodbye to Sean and headed home.
Lots of yaks and boats out there including tweeds and philamon, the latter of whom introduced himself. A long way from going to plan but the conditions weren't right for it and we'll feast on Thai fish cakes tonight
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
G'day Dave, just got back from SWR, a trip without the yak (wife said it had to stay at home) the 3 year old's surf board and some rods went on the roof (great trip!!!!). Some nice kings and a Yellow Fin Tuna, plus others.
Just spent 1hr plus reading the GWS thread, if any of them had a partner that didn't get concerned . . . . . .
I THINK I'll go out there again (haven't tested the wife yet), but if every you want a weekend up the Hawkesbury I'll be in that as well.
ahhhhh good one Dave fish cakes thai i'm sure , well done mate its been a while since you caught a sambo , good for a change and nice size yummm thai fish cakes
Not a Kingfish but still better then a kick in the plums :D
Good stuff Dave there are certainly worse consolation prizes about ........ like SB's and RRC's.
The fish cakes went down a treat. Certainly not too disappointed. I really did want to have a go at the squidding though as its been a long time.
Dave, sounds like a productive trip away
Post a Comment