Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pride goeth ...

Date: 2010-07-10
Launch: 6:30am
Next tide: High 6:45
Wind: 5kt SW
Sea: 0.5m sea on 1m E swell
Return: 9:40am
Days since new moon: 26
Water temp: 18.5
Location: Spot D
Catch: Doughnut

Launched without problem and paddled out. Stopped a bit short of the usual spot and cast. Dead weight on the line and up came a small flathead which had wrapped itself in the leader. Released then next cast a small snapper, also released. A few more hits but nothing sticking so I moved.

Not long before I got a decent hit, some line lost then ping! Should have checked the leader after the flathead (or maybe a small shark). Phil dropped by and spent a little while before heading back.

I decided to head out wider but found no joy. Some plastics mauled by squid and others but that was it.

Paddled back in, stowed the gear and decided to try my hand a getting a a good ride in. Didn't have to wait long but I missed the first one and didn't have enough speed for the second. Dumped. Hung onto the paddle but the leash gave way so I had to go chasing the ski. At least nothing else was damaged = one leash and some pride is not a great price

Henry got a beaut snapper out of Fisherman's beach. Well done mate

No comments: