Launch: 13:15
Next tide: 16:45 low
Wind: SW 10kt
Sea: 2m Easterly swell, moderate chop
Return: 14:45
Days since new moon: 18
Water temp: 20.4
Location: Spot A
Catch: Kingfish 70cm
After the big seas (up to 5m) yesterday, I was hoping the snapper had moved in. Forecast was good for the afternoon, so I took advantage of a day off and headed out. Combination of wind and sea was a bit hairier than I expected and would be comfortable drifting in so I gave up the prospect of snapper and tried trolling sps.
Logged on to Marine Rescue Sydney with my brand new Cobra VHF (the old Icom is now receive only) and headed to the mark, where a fish kindly snaffled the twitch. It soon let me know that it didn't want to come aboard which had me hoping for that extra centimetre on Saturday's king. It certainly fought better than that fish but was eventually subdued and lifted into the hatch - 70cm of kingfish.
Paddled around a bit more after that but with the unsettled conditions and mission accomplished I decided to take an early mark. Very pleased. Some grilled kingfish, Japanese style, on the menu tomorrow and some sashimi for my lunch
8 comments:
Pic Dave
Ahh the monkey has left the building.
nice on Dave, lets hope this run can rub off on me
good stuff mate ......... bout bloody time. Wonder if this will mean you start to get overcome with yellow fever in October - January?
:)
cheers
Gatesy
Great work Dave.It had to happen soon for you.
Well done.
Phil W
Nice work Dave.
Well done mate.
Phil W.
I bet it was worth every cold lonely wet trip home.
Congratulations Peril, top work.
Glad you achieved the goal Dave, congrats mate
Post a Comment