Date: 2/11/08
Launch: 5:30am
Next tide: High 10:25am
Wind: NE 10kt
Sea: .5m sea on 1.5m SE swell
Return: 10:00am
Days since new moon: 3
Water temp: 20 (hurrah)
Location: SpotA
Catch: Nothing
Set out in a very calm basin to be joined by Ben, who I promptly lost! Paddled out to the mark with a couple of the usual sps for nothing. Trolled around a bit as boats arrived and occupied prime spots. Tried the northern end of the reef, back to SpotA's premier mark then joined Ben and Phil.
Phil had scored a couple just under legal on his way out on sp and hb. Ben landed a king that stretched to 65cm - congrats Ben. I swapped over to a madai jig but allowed myself to drift into shallow water, losing the jig and about 5m of leader.
Back to just the sps and to my main mark. Caught up with Henry who had gotten a trevally on sp. I tried a few drifts while casting for a few hits and a solitary sweep (would you believe me if I said it gave me curry on 20lb - OK I won't raise it again). Prodive/antifishing boat's arrival and anchoring up right on the main mark was the signal for a final drift and paddle in.
I guess Southerly's success last Saturday diverted me from my quest. No more. Adieu SpotA. SpotD here I come
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good to catch up again Dave.
My highlight was the smile on Bennys face after landing the king.
The lack clowns made for an enjoyable outing.
SpotD is where the fish are......persue them you must.
Make that pursue them you must
Dave - good to see you got out. This weekend (the coming weekend) looks like a goer. Can't wait and hope the weather is good.
Gday Dave
Great to catch up in the morning you are a machine .I decided to just paddle slowly with my squid down deep and you were gone. It was great out there this morning. Good to catch up again Phil and thanks for the MonaVale Torpedo .Hope to see you boys out there next sunday If the weather is good. And I agree no clowns out there makes it a better morning
Phil Inkers Tomorrow
Cheers Ben
Post a Comment