Headed out to the wrecks at dawn. Checked out a couple I hadn't tried before, settling on one to try jigging. Dropped the jig and watched the line peel off and disappear. Somehow the braid was broken cleanly. Suspect this and the same two weeks ago is related to my son having setup a workshop in the garage where my gear is stored. Grrrr
Worse was that I'd left the heavy leader at home. With nothing more than 20lb I gave up and headed over to Spot A. A few boats around my usual mark so I tried another. Was starting my second drift when my casting line twisted horribly. Must not have had the trolled plastic on straight and 7km of trolling had taken its toll. Sorted that out then started to fish again when a very large shark cleared the water about 30m away. That was enough. Didn't want a crappy day becoming a disaster so headed in.
Met Southerly who reported some pan sized snapper and trevally
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment