Saturday, October 9, 2010

Madmen

Met Dave Beat and Henry shortly before dawn. 5-10kt breeze felt a bit stiffer than that, but the launch looked OK with a long wait between small sets. We headed out but it seemed very different to the view from shore - constant waves. Got soaked and paddled out much further than usual before setting up.

Out there the conditions seemed worse. A nasty chop made it quite uncomfortable but we were there so pressed on looking for the salmon. Henry and Dave went ahead of me after I'd had a bit of a tangle. By the time I caught up with them I'd decided the conditions were marginal and our chances of catching anything weren't good. We headed back in without incident, but no decent waves to surf.

A few hours later the wind had dropped and conditions seemed very pleasant. Bugger. Disappointed that I didn't get another crack at a good wave but I'm sure there'll be a chance in the coming weeks. And maybe a fish or two

No comments: