Date: 2010-10-23
Launch: 05:40
Next tide: High 09:00
Wind: NW 5kt
Sea: 0.5m NE swell
Return: 09:10
Days since new moon: 15
Water temp: 18.5
Location: Spot D
Catch: Nothing
Out at first light. Trolled the headland for a small king, released. With the sun up, I headed over to SpotD to try drifting. First cast get busted off, losing the whole leader (10lb fireline for main). This was the start of a frustrating session that had a bit of everything - strong hits but no hookup, a reefing, a couple of maybe legal snapper released, rock cod, wrasse, squid destroying my sps, and a snagup of the drifted line.
Changed position at one stage and found a huge bloom of red algae. Few fish there showing on the sounder so relocated. Hope it disperses soon.
Paddled in in the gentle conditions and didn't bother removing my hat or spectacles. Was so easy I had to paddle all the way to the beach where I got caught by the shore dump and rolled. Apart from the embarrassment, I lost my prescription multifocals. Very expensive morning!
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment