Saturday, January 7, 2012

Medicinal paddling

Saw the osteopath, who doubles as a sociopath (at least that's what I while he manipulated my shoulder), yesterday. He prescribed more paddling to ensure I don't lose range of movement. But no surf launches due to stresses. Understandable given my experience on Christmas Eve.

So out at Spot A today. Unfortunately it was just one of those perfectly sunny days with excellent water visibility. Found out later that there is also 23 deg water close by. Guessing most of the fish were out there. Anyhow I didn't get a touch despite trying a range of lures. And I wasn't on my own. Only fish I saw was a good sized bonnie.

My Christmas present from my son was a rechargeable AA setup (10 NiMH pieces). Nice and light compared to the old SLA battery. Trouble is that I'd tried charging the setup using my 12V charger, which thought the batteries were charged. They only lasted about 40min on the water. So I'll have to charge them 4 at a time using the NiMH charger. Bit of a nuisance but am trying to take out less gear to make it easier to get on and off the water.

Now all I need to do is find some fish. Think I need to rededicate myself to Spot C++

1 comment:

eric said...

I'm hearing a rumour that you are eyeing off a new Stealth.